2.14.2006

Love is....

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it does not brood over injury. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. -1 Corinthians 13:4-7


Love is:


"The single most mysterious thing out there,
Something we all need to work on and I am no exception,
The one thing that has caused more pain than all other things,
Impossible to recognize sometimes until it's too late,
Hard to find and hard to keep,
the most beautiful idea imaginable,
found and kept by too few,
a word that rhymes with shove,
when you are with someone and nothing else matters and there is noone you would rather be with and nothing you would rather do,
when someone does something so wonderful for you that it makes you cry,
when someone does something so wonderful for someone else that it makes you cry,
getting everything you need just by giving,
one of the ingredients in Haagen Dazs' Dulce de Leche (it's gotta be!),
often found in old handwritten cookbooks,
the feeling a parent gets when they hold their child for the first time (and hopefully everytime afterwards),
what makes music so wonderful,
the magic ingredient that makes emotions exquisitely beautiful and or painful,
often mistaken for lust,
something that can bring religious references out of someone who is not religious (wait! maybe that's lust . . . I rest my case),
pretty darn cool,
not achieved by going to work so why ...am I going to work in 8 hours?
found more easily when drinking beer but is lost much easier accordingly,
when someone farts and the person next to them doesn't make any mention of the incident (elevators are usually full of love by this criteria),
...impossible to convince someone of without their having found it on their own . . . damnit . . . seriously . . . could we change that please? ("Hey! you should love me!" "OK!")
not to be fooled with so I take that previous idea back,
one of the few things that really matters,
...complicated - really. . . nothing compares to the amount of joy and pain love can bring and or take away from you; I have known both and prefer the joy.
a great idea I would have totally patented that one!
The biggest reason art exists and though no work of art will ever capture it completely it resides perfectly in each and every attempt
something that my grandpa could have written the book on and if the book was already written he has at least contributed one of the truest chapters.
REALLY REALLY scary for the first time in my life and that means I am all grown up. I always wondered how I would know . . .
Lots of other stuff too but I would LOVE to be in bed right now so . . . goodnight." ~thorin brentmar

"I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
In our eyes are mirror images and when
We kiss they're perfectly aligned
And I have to speculate that God himself
Did make us into corresponding shapes like
Puzzle pieces from the clay
True, it may seem like a stretch, but
Its thoughts like this that catch my troubled
Head when you're away when I am missing you to death
When you are out there on the road for
Several weeks of shows and when you scan
The radio, I hope this song will guide you home
....
I tried my best to leave this all on your
Machine but the persistent beat it sounded
Thin upon listening
That frankly will not fly. you will hear
The shrillest highs and lowest lows with
The windows down when this is guiding you home" ~Postal Service "Such Great Heights"

Love is expressed in different ways. Happy Valentine's Day.

Keine Kommentare: